Contemporary Infection Prevention and Sterilisation should be approached in a proactive way to reduce the risk of complacency.
This half day, interactive workshop, is suitable for the entire dental team and will provide you with a clear understanding of everyone’s roles in helping to achieve a team managed approach to infection prevention. Learn how minor shifts in the practical application of your policies and procedures can improve workflows and efficiencies in your practice to maximise patient care and minimise time spent undertaking compliance tasks.
This workshop will cover:
- Office Based Practice, the technicalities of key reference documents and clinician obligations.
- Why is infection prevention and control important in dentistry.
- Standard and risk-based precautions.
- Policy & Procedures manuals - how, why and the importance of team implementation.
- Hand Hygiene - protect patients, protect yourself.
- Personal Hygiene and Personal Protective Equipment requirements and use.
- Reprocessing and safe-handling of used instruments (reusable medical devices).
- Pre-cleaning for successful sterilisation - the critical step.
- Improving workflow in instrument reprocessing and patient changeover.
- Disinfection vs detergency.
- Surface management protocols - clinical contact surfaces and general environment.
- Instrument reprocessing - the most efficient overall process.
- Sterilisation - packaging, loading, monitoring requirements and recording the process.
- Quality Management and Validation - equipment, and the overall sterilisation process.
- Discuss the basic principles of sterilisation and disinfection, including the importance of cleaning an item before a process is used.
- Understand and practically apply Standard (Universal) Precautions.
- Highlight protocols required for successful sterilisation.
- Highlight key principles for dental unit water lines and evacuation systems.
- Be able to relate the AS/NZS 4187:2014, AS/NZS 4815:2006, ADA Guidelines for Infection Control, DCNZ Infection Prevention and Control Practice and/or NZDA Code of Practice as applicable, within and around the dental clinic/practice environment.
|Role||Cost*2 (AUD)||Early bird*3|
*3 20% Discount if booked and paid 6 weeks in advance.
Discounts are not cumulative, but we'll always give you the highest applicable discount!
Australian clinicians are required to make their own assessment as to the number of hours of Non-Scientific Continuing Education each course provides. This course is eligible for NZDA CPD points.
Prime Practice guarantees courses are compliant with the current Dental Board of Australia Guidelines on Continuing Professional Development.
* Number of accredited CPD hours depends on the length of the workshop.