It is common in most practices for all team members to undertake reprocessing duties from time to time. While dental assistants or a Sterilisation Nurse may undertake these duties regularly, there may be circumstances that see a Front Office Co-ordinator or even a Practice Manager jumping in to help. But, as clinicians are ultimately accountable for this reprocessing workflow, it is important that they also have a clear understanding of how sterilisation is achieved before they reuse an instrument in a patient’s mouth.
In this training session, you and your team will learn…
– How sterilisation fits into the accountability vs responsibility model of your Infection Prevention Management Plan.
– Common workflow issues in sterilisation areas.
– How poor room design and limited space can hugely impact the overall efficiency of the practice.
– Where sterilisation procedures can fail and how to minimise the risk of a breach.
– Understand the required testing, monitoring, recording and storage of cycle data – if it’s not recorded it’s not done!
This live online training session moves away from the treatment room and focus on the reprocessing workflow in the sterilisation area.
Australian clinicians are required to make their own assessment as to the number of hours of Non-Scientific Continuing Education each course provides. This course is eligible for NZDA CPD points.
Prime Practice guarantees courses are compliant with the current Dental Board of Australia Guidelines on Continuing Professional Development.
* Number of accredited CPD hours depends on the length of the workshop.